POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Internet censorship in Finland : Re: Internet censorship in Finland Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:13:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Internet censorship in Finland
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 15 Feb 2008 11:25:50
Message: <47b5bd0e$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> No he doesn't have a valid point, there is a totally logical reason why
> childporn.info should be blocked.  If you can't see why then I guess
> there's no point in discussing it further.

There is also a totally logical reason to block several other sites
(piratebay for one good example). That good reason still *does not make
it legal*. Yes, we do have a law to allow ISP's to block foreign
childporn sites. And yes, the law is bent on two points (1 - the site
does not contain any of the forbidden material, 2 - the site is not
foreign). Yes, the author of the site is now forcing charges of being
helpful to illegal operation (no, I don't know the correct term in
English), but it doesn't give the police the permission to bend the law,
so basically it seems that both parties (the author and police) have
broken the law (different parts of it, though).

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net